Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Day 1

Day 1 was pretty sucessful. Breakfast consisted of coffee, a Kirkland Signature weight loss shake (yum...chocolate), and some tangerines (thanks Steven). I munched on some tangerines throughout the day, had a Lean Cuisine Cafe frozen meal for lunch (270 calories and pretty filling!), followed by a banana a bit later in the day for a natural sugar pick-me-up. And I think I deserve some major props for dinner. The menu consisted of well seasoned and just medium-well (my bad) grilled steaks, pan fried potato wedges, and southwestern salad. The props come in due to the fact that I didn't gorge myself.

Now for the workout! I am going to preface this section with the following statement: IT'S FREAKING HARDER THAN YOU THINK!

Drum roll, please...
...
...
...
...
I completed Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred Level 3.

Okay, stop laughing. Remember the preface. It really is hard. True, it is just Jillian Michaels and two women doing the workout, but those chicks are HARDCORE. And I use heavier weights than they do. So that makes me more hardcore. And tired.

It took me a few months to build up from Level 1 through Level 2 and finally to Level 3, but I've been knocking it out pretty well since. I can't quite say that applies to my workout buddy, Jake Long. Yeah, that's right, I just called you out, Jake.  Get on it!

I plan on buying some additional workout DVDs to mix things up a bit and I'll try to make them more manly. Is Bob Harper manly enough? Well, we'll see because I plan on getting one of his DVDs later this week.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment