Friday, April 29, 2011

Day 25

The workout wagon strikes again. This time around I wanted to go low impact but still get my "burn" on. So I toughed out all 60 minutes of Pure Burn Super Strength. I know that I said I was going to cut back on the strength training and focus on cardio and weight loss, but doing the modified versions of the workouts in JM30DS just doesn't do it for me. I went with lower weights this time around in order to be able to push through the whole workout instead of burning out part way through. Now I just need to get a pair of 8 lbs dumbbells so I don't have to hold both a 5 lbs and 3 lbs dumbbell in each hand (which is quite awkward, by the way). It's in the May budget, so I'll be picking up a set within the next week. Also in the May budget is Bob Harper's Body Rev Cardio Conditioning, so I'll be able to jump up my cardio workout within the next week as well. Sounds like fun.

The plan for tomorrow is to run 3 hilly miles with Team His Strength. I hope that goes well.

Chocolate Cheerios with milk; carne asada tacos (wheat tortillas) with white rice, chips, and spicy salsa; iced coffee with a bit of non-fat milk; a post-workout protein shake; two slices of leftover Little Caesar's pizza; sliced fruit, a cream puff, a chocolate chip cookie, and one half of a mini lemon muffin; and just under one half of a dark chocolate cupcake. Now that I list it all out, I feel a bit guilty.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment