Thursday, April 14, 2011

Day 9

Bob Harper is a jerk! I know that sounds a bit harsh, but he beat the snot out of me yesterday! I haven't been this sore in a few months. Not since right after I started working out anyway. But I do have to admit that it is a good pain. I can feel that my body will be better for it. So, I guess what I'm saying is, "Thank you, Bob, for being a jerk!"

Today was a "lick my wounds" kind of day. So I went easy on the workout: a 40 minute instructional yoga routine from my new "Rodney Yee's Yoga for Beginners" DVD. It felt good and stretched me in most of the right places. I just wish it had hit my triceps a bit more because Bob sure focused on them yesterday. Shortly thereafter, Tess and I started watching The Biggest Loser and I felt a slight twinge of guilt. So I did my own cardio workout, running through the cardio routines from three levels of the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred workout. I did each exercise for one minute and was able to recall 16 workouts (I may have missed a few but think I got all of the toughest ones anyway), so I had a 15-16 minute mid-intensity workout (I may have shaved a few seconds off of the jumping squats and rock star jumps but still did 30 reps of each).

The goal for tomorrow: tackle the Pure Burn Super Strength workout again, this time with my workout buddy, Jake. You might want to step back because the sweat sure will be flying!

Breakfast: Two eggs, two pieces of dry wheat toast, baked beans. Approx 500 calories (and loads of fiber!).
Lunch: Flame Broiler chicken veggie bowl with brown rice and no sauce. Approx 500 calories (decent amount of fiber).
Dinner: Stouffers lasagna, one quarter of a roll (it was a good sized roll), southwestern salad (God bless Costco). Approx 500 calories.
Post-workout snack: Banana and one dark chocolate crisp. Approx 150 calories.
Total: Approx 1,650 calories. Not bad...not bad at all.

Until tomorrow...

1 comment:

  1. YUCK Nick! I may have to leave tonight, I do not want to see, smell, or feel all that sweat! EWW

    ReplyDelete