Monday, April 18, 2011

Day 14

What I did over the past two weeks when I failed to make a daily post was to still make that day's post with the missed day's title on the following day. Well, I fell more than one day behind. In fact, I haven't posted since day 9. That's a pretty good gap. After a while, the thought of making up those missed posts was a bit overwhelming. So I have decided to change my approach: when I miss a post, I will make it up with a brief mention in the following day's post. Now I have to make up nearly a week of posts. Here it goes:

Day 10: I was still a bit sore and had to survey a construction jobsite starting at 11:00 p.m., so Jake came over and we did the Pure Burn Super Strength 20 minute beginner workout. Still got a decent burn. Diet: no idea, but I think it wasn't too bad.

Day 11: I didn't get home after the jobsite visit until nearly 3:00 a.m., so I slept in a bit and did Rodney Yee's a.m. workout, which really did help energize me after only a handful of hours of sleep. I don't think I did any other workouts because I was saving my energy for my 4 mile run the next day. Diet: again, no idea, but don't think it was too bad. Maybe had eggs, bacon, and toast for breakfast.

Day 12: Started the day with a Kirkland brand weight loss shake before making a short drive to Hart Park in Orange and taking a short run. By short, I mean 4 miles. And it was a full 4 miles. And I kept moving just about the entire time. I was running with a group of people and wanted to go a bit faster than they were, so I sped up a time or two and stopped to catch my breath until they caught up. But boy was it a good run! After that, I came home, made breakfast [eggs, beans (no more bacon), and dry toast], followed by the first 50 minutes of Pure Burn Super Strength, and then just about died. I was exhausted for the rest of the day. Diet: unknown.

Day 13: 3.5 mile run/walk with Jake. It was a pretty good workout, but was very hard on my legs following the 4 mile run the day before. Diet wasn't such a great thing. Eggs, bacon, and dry toast for breakfast was a good start, but then I hit a snag: potluck picnic. Some friends got together at a park and everyone brought food. That resulted in me eating two hot dogs, pasta salad, tortilla and potato chips, some dip, Caesar salad, brownies, and some Dr. Pepper. As a result, I skipped dinner and instead shared some popcorn with Tess and the girls. Plus a dark chocolate crisp and a few dark chocolate nibs from Trader Joe's.

Now for today. Well, as you should know, Mondays are my recovery days, which are coincidentally my weigh in days. We'll get to that later.

As for my diet, I went very light on breakfast because I was not feeling well. So it was one piece of dry toast. I made up for it at lunch by eating a Hungry Man turkey meal (520 calories) and toned it down again at dinner with a hot dog (wheat bun), veggies, and a few Cheetos.

Now for the meat and potatoes of this post: the weigh in. I now tip the scales at a lean(ish)...

Okay, I have to interrupt myself at this point. I typed all of the above before 8:00 just so I wouldn't have to try to cram it all in before going to bed and therefore skip posting at all. But around 7:45 I began to feel restless. I guess all this working out has conditioned me to do some sort of physical activity every day. I hadn't done anything other than walk a bit during the day, so I was craving some activity. So I decided to work out. After getting both girls to bed, I did the Pure Burn Super Strength workout...the whole 60 minute workout. So much for a recovery day. After my workout I had a protein shake. Now back to the main event:

...195.6 lbs. That is 2.4 lbs less than last week for a total of 4.6 lbs lost in two weeks. I have three weeks and 10.6 lbs left to hit my goal of 15 lbs in 5 weeks. It seems a bit out of reach right now, but I will keep on pushing through and see what happens in the end. After all, I didn't do a lot of working out this week and still managed to lose nearly 2.5 lbs, so averaging 3.5 lbs per week for the next 3 weeks seems doable.

I'll edit this post tomorrow and attach this week's photo. The photo has been taken, but the camera is in the other room and I have to get up in less than 6 hours, so I had better get to sleep.

Added April 25:

April 18, 2011: 195.6 pounds.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment