Friday, April 8, 2011

Day 3

My Day 2 workout may have been overdoing it a bit. I was barely able to complete JM30DS L3 today (actually yesterday because I am getting around to writing this post a day late) because I was so sore. But I have no regrets, really. It was a tough workout that kicked my butt, which is what I need if I am going to hit my mark of losing 15 pounds in 5 weeks. That being said, I think I'll hold off on doing any multi-level workouts for another week or two.

Now I have to face the challenge of three days of working out without my wife to watch the kiddos while doing so. Most of my workouts are done in my living room with Emersyn (the one year old) trapped in her exersaucer while Anbo (the the three year old) tries to work out along side me, so they stay out of my hair for the most part. I just have to keep a closer eye on Anbo in order to make sure I don't step on her or smack her with an arm, leg, or weight while I flail around. And that means no Sunday morning run, cool down walks, or post-workout hot tub soaks. I guess (hope) I can survive a weekend without those luxuries.

And now for my daily blunder: lunch. I did good with breakast (weight loss shake, banana, and coffee), but underestimated the size of Albertos' burritos and got stuck eating a monster meal. But on the bright side, that burrito consisted of only a tortilla, at least 1.5 breasts of chicken, and some sauce, so it probably wasn't as bad as I initially thought. And to make up for it, I went light on dinner, which was a piece of steak and some yogurt, followed by a popcorn desert. Now, before you attack me about the evils of popcorn, you need to know that it was Orville Redenbacher's® Smart Pop!® 94% Fat Free Butter popcorn, which only has 120 calories and 2 grams of fat per serving, but packs in 4 grams of fiber in that amount. There are two servings per bag and Tess ate some as well, so I figure it only added about 180 calories and 3 grams of fat for the day while also contributing 6 grams of fiber. Way to go, Nick!

Until tomorrow...

1 comment:

  1. You will be able to live without those luxuries Im sure!

    ReplyDelete