Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Day 8

What a day! I stepped up my training and did Bob Harper's Pure Burn Super Strength DVD workout. It is a full hour (actually more than an hour with the warm up and stretching) of kick butt strength training. The moves are so dynamic, many combine upper and lower body strength, and you are going the whole time so you also get a good cardio burn. And boy are the moves tough! Sure, you get two water breaks, but the first is only 15 seconds long and the second isn't really a break because Bob keeps the on-screen workout buddies going so you feel like a slacker if you do take a break. I did have to rest and/or do the modified versions of the moves for the last 15-20 minutes because my muscles just wouldn't respond. I don't think I have ever sweat so much in my life. And now, nearly an hour after finishing, I can feel my muscle burning. They are quite literally hot to the touch. I can feel the heat radiating from the center of my biceps. I just hope I can move tomorrow morning. At least I don't have any appointments tomorrow, so all I have to do is walk from my front door to my car, from the car to my desk, and back again at the end of the day. Now that I've read what I just typed, I'm not sure I'll be able to do that.

And now I just realized that I do have an appointment tomorrow. So I will have to walk from my front door to my car, from my car to my desk, back to my car, into the training room, stand for 45-60 minutes (not including set up and tear down time) to make a presentation, walk back to my car, back to my desk, back to my car, and home again. Ouch. Let's hope I can at least do a minimal workout tomorrow night.

My diet went well. Ancient Grains and yogurt for breakfast, a single slice of veggie pizza for lunch, Flame Broiler chicken veggie bowl for dinner, a post-workout protein shake (water and powder, no fun stuff), and a small spoonful of ice cream. I think I might go grab something high in protein right now to finish off the night and help rebuild my muscles as I sleep the pain away.

Until tomorrow...

1 comment:

  1. you did great! And yes you were hot to the touch! (But you always are! ;o)

    ReplyDelete