Saturday, April 9, 2011

Day 5

They said it couldn't be done. Okay, they didn't really say anything, but here is a short text message conversation I had with Jake:

Nick: I'm thinking of going nuts tonight and trying for JM lvl 1 & 3. You in?
Jake: Yeah right!

Three hours and 22 minutes later...

Nick: Just finished level 1 AND 2!
Nick: Sorry, level 1 AND 3!!!
Jake: You are a beast!
Nick: I try.
Nick: Now I'm kind of glad we're not running tomorrow morning.

I plan on getting a LOT of sleep tonight in order to recoup. But I'm not sure I can get that much sleep in one night. Again, I am glad to have an excuse for skipping a run in the morning. The shin splints are another excuse... And then there's the fact that I just don't feel like getting up at 7:30 in the morning!

So it looks like I am closer than I though to completing all three workouts consecutively. I'll give it at least two more weeks before trying it.

One thing I love about the weekends (besides sleeping in) is breakfast. Those lazy mornings give me the time to make something other than cereal. However, with this whole weight loss quest and Tess being out of town, I couldn't justify pancakes or waffles. So today it was a simple meal of two eggs over easy (plus scrambled for the girls), two pieces of bacon (plus one each for the girls), a dry piece of wheat toast, and the one quarter of a tortilla that the girls didn't finish. I had my normal morning coffee before making breakfast and tried to make it less unhealthy by putting in only a splash of milk. Lunch was a peanut butter sandwich. Crunchy, of course. And dinner was a burrito made using the leftovers from a chicken and rice meal Tess made a few days ago. Another post-workout protein shake (protein powder, milk, peanut butter, and strawberry yogurt - no it didn't taste like a chocolate-peanut butter-strawberry sundae) rounds out my caloric intake for the day.

Actually, I'm going to grab just one Trader Joe's Dark Chocolate Crisp before passing out on the couch. I think I've earned it.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment