Monday, April 11, 2011

Day 7

Day 7...my first weigh in...

I was anxious about today. And rightfully so. I just got off the Wii and my results...198 pounds. That's right, I lost two pounds. Some may find that something to be happy about, but me, I'm quite disappointed. Depressed even. This really sucks. I feel like I pushed myself so hard for five straight days and this is what I get. Two lousy pounds. I beat my body until I felt like passing out, passed up on treats, deserts, and eating out. And I only lost two pounds. I really thought I was going to get a much better number. Again, this sucks. How am I going to reach my goal of losing 15 pounds in 5 weeks, which requires an average weight loss of 3 pounds per week, when I can't even lose those 3 pounds in the first week, which should be my biggest weight loss week?

Also, I felt guilty about not working out yesterday, so I did some yoga today. I know I said it would be a few days until I got my workout DVDs, but they came today. I did a 40 minute instructional workout where multiple poses were explained, as were the common mistakes and how to correct them. There are also two regular workouts: a 20 minute morning routine and a 15 minute evening routine. I think I will start doing the morning one on a regular basis and throw the evening one in every so often after working out.

Not that it will do any good.

Food for the day. Breakfast: weight loss shake. Lunch: bag of popcorn (only 240 calories, remember?). Dinner: turkey pot roast, brown rice, and veggies. And a banana on the way to my book club meeting.


April 11, 2011: 198 pounds.

1 comment:

  1. Babe, I think you look amazing. I know how extremely hard you are working. You HAVE to remember though you are gaining muscle as well. Your calves, arms, and what not are getting bigger I can see it. Muscle is weight. Im SOOO very proud of you. I love you!

    ReplyDelete