Saturday, April 9, 2011

Day 4

(This one is a day late too. I'll try to work on that.)

I am turning into a lean, mean, workout machine!

I woke up a bit sore, but Jake came over to do some JM30DS in the evening and we completed both Levels 1 and 2. I guess you could say it was a two-one punch. The reason it isn't a one-two punch is that we first completed Level 2 with the idea that we would then see how tired we were and decide if we could add anything else. Well, at the end of L2, we felt pretty tired, but thought that we could push ourselves through at least the first circuit of L1. Turns out, with a few five second rests here and there, we were able to finish out the entire workout! Way to go, Nick and Jake!

Next goal: complete all three levels consecutively.

That might not happen for a while.

I never knew how filling the right type of cereal can be. Tess has said that she eats a bowl of her "Ancient Grains" cereal in the morning and is not hungry for most of the day, but I figured it was just related to the pregnancy. Well, I had a bowl of that cereal and substituted yogurt for milk in order to add in some fruity goodness without overdoing it on the dairy. I brought a weight loss shake and a banana to work with the intention of having both for a small lunch, but ended up only needing the shake because I just wasn't hungry! When dinner came around, I had some turkey pot roast (I know, weird concept, huh?) on one half of a roll (that has more than 300 calories per role!). I probably should have worked in some fruits or veggies, but didn't. I think I may have had some apple juice, though. And the banana comes back into play for my post-workout shake, which was protein powder, milk, peanut butter (not a whole lot because that stuff is packed with calories and fat!), and the banana. I threw some ice in at the top to make it nice and cold and then blended it all up in the Magic Bullet. Went down easy and hit the spot. Didn't even have any cravings for a sweet desert after that.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment